Monday, May 18, 2009

Decisions, Decisions...

This year something amazing happened. Bryant decided to start running and he LOVES it! I am super excited to be able to run with my husband! Well, for the past month or so he hasn't run a step. He was diagnosed with Horner's Syndrome. Horner's (sometimes he tries to be funny and calls it "Horny" syndrome) is a syndrome that occurs when something else is going wrong in the body. When he works out, half of his face doesn't get red or sweat. He gets blurry vision as well and his pupil doesn't dilate. So the main causes for Horner's is nerve damage, tumor or lung cancer. We've ruled out lung cancer (thank goodness) but on his MRI of his neck and brain we found a 5 mm lesion that we had to get more tests on. We'll find out today what it is. It's been really stressful and sad. Bryant has been frustrated to no end because he hasn't been able to run. We signed up for the St. George Marathon but we didn't get in. I was really upset at first but I think it's a blessing in disguise because he wouldn't be able to run it anyway. So we've been on hold on what we want to accomplish this summer with our running goals. I was thinking about doing the Provo Trail 1/2 marathon in August but like I said, we can't really set any goals until we know what's going on with Bryant. I saw a guy at the grocery store who was wearing a Provo Trail 1/2 marathon shirt and I asked him if he liked the race and he said he did. Brusch, didn't you run it? How was it?

This whole thing with Bryant has really put life in prospective for me. Life really is a gift. Health really is a gift. My husband really is a gift. I hope and pray that we get good news today. I think running helps put my mind in order.  Amidst all of this, I still want to run. When I do, I feel better...my mind is clearer...life seems easier.  

No comments:

Post a Comment