Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Go Lady!

Today I was tired. Really tired. But I somehow found the strength to tie my running shoes and motivate myself to run to Murray Park and do a speed workout. I try to do a speed workout once a week so my legs don't feel sluggish. Anyhoo, as I was running at the park, there were a group of school children playing outside for recess and since the school borders the park's paved trail, they were all right there to see me run. As I was going by them several times (I did 3x1000 meter repeats) they started cheering me on saying, "Go Lady!" It was just the motivated I needed. Thanks kids!

Warm up 2.3 miles, 7:24 pace; 3x1000 meter repeats, 6:40 pace; Cool down 2.3 miles, 7:50 pace

1 comment:

  1. i have been craving a speed workout lately too. 400's sound a lot better to me than those stinkin' 1000m repeats (i will never do them again if i have my say after all of them at the U) :)

    go lady!!!

    ReplyDelete